Saturday, January 10, 2009

Smells like Bubbie...

We were out for both meals for shbbat, and for one when I asked what I could bring she said a kugel. Ok, no problem... I have a stock of easy to make kugels that I could make...

But wait! I got a food processor for shabbat with a shredding/grating blade! I could finally attempt a potato kugel without risking my hands and my sanity by actually grating the potatoes (something I began refusing to do roughly around the time Uncle J told me that is how Vira lost her missing fingers).

We made Bubbie C's potato kugel.

Popped it in the oven, then got into the shower. When I got out the whole house smelled like Bubbie's house!

Kugel turned out awesome- but I need to ad da little more onion and salt next time. That is what happens when the directions include instructions like "add some salt and pepper". Great measurements there...

No comments: