Sunday, May 8, 2011

What I learned from my mom

I learned that it is possible to love someone from far away.

I learned to hold my little girl's hand because it is a big scary world out there, but that sometimes there are times to let go and let her try to do it her way then kiss it better after.

I have learned hat often it is better to it than ask forgiveness than to ask permission.

I have learned that field trips are lots of fun but staying home can be just as fun and often more cozy.

I have learned that laughing can come at the worst of times and that crying is not always a bad thing.

I have learned that sometimes sleeping on the floor is the only way to get a decent night's sleep

I have learned that weekends don't need to start on Friday's.

I have learned that having a lousy haircut is not the end of the world.

I have learned that raisons go great in carrot cake- but only the yellow ones.

I have learned that sometimes I need to let my child follow her dreams even if they hurt me.

I have learned that being a good mom means saying no as often as it means saying yes.

I have learned that you don't always need to tell Abba everything that goes on when you are "out with the girls"

I have learned that worrying about money has a a time and place, but so does spending money for a memory that will last a lifetime.

Lastly and most importantly, I have learned to love unconditionally even if sometimes I forget how it's done.




I love you mom.

Happy mother's day

No comments: