Monday, March 2, 2009

God Bless the Blue and Yellow

You know how sometimes you just walk into a place and feel like nothing ever changes? That wonderful comfort of no matter where you are in the world, you can go there and feel instantly at home?

I went to IKEA today. I went so far back into my Toronto self I started looking at every kippah or tichel and wondering if I knew them.

It was awesome.

On the other hand, not that we got any, but it was pretty cool to know the Swedish meatballs were Mehadrin kosher.

I got a really nice square mirror for the living room as well as some end tables, tall, thin shelf to use for display purposes in the studio, and baskets to reorganize Channah's toys.

I am a happy, happy Israeli right now.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi! wheres's the IKEA located? How are the prices compared to CA?

happyduck1979 said...

The only one in the country is right near Natanya. The prices were fairly comparable. I got a hand broom and duspan for 9nis, trofast buckets for 25nis, and a set of 3 nesting end tables were 350, but they were on sale from 475. ikea.co.il is a pretty good site- lots of pictures too. If you use it in conjunction to the Canadian or US sites it is a pretty good way to draw price comparisons.

Shelly said...

That's pretty neat :)

When we're in "civilization" and I see kippot and tichels I always freak out "why are they in CUMBER....oh....right...we're in THEIR area....."

;)