Monday, March 9, 2009

Purim- Part 4




Ok, so tonight was harder than I thought it would be. It was the first time in a long time that I felt a little out of place. I miss being able to show off our costumes to our friends and family back in Toronto and visiting with famiyl for a few minutes while we deliver our mishloach manot. The fast breaker and purim shpiel at shul was fantastic. Really a lot of fun. The songs were hysterical. It was a purim "musical" set to music everyone knew with new words. It took a termendous ammount of work and was probably the best purim shpiel I have ever seen. I just felt a little outside of things.

See, aliya is not all fun and sunshine (although we do get a lot of that). I just want to be sure I am presenting an honest and balanced viewpoint. But seriously, I know there are lonely times. I am just a little sad that I had one on my favourite holidy.

On to happier things. Lots of gratuitous cuteness! Maybe at some point I will post some pictures of my costume. It is cute but not as good as the other's. Jason is either a Renaissance man or a peasant who might or might not be revolting ;)

Sorry. There was no way I was gettign the man into tights.

My two fairies- um, I mean, my um- he vetoed the tights...


See the crown centrepiece from Channah's birthday got a new lease on life as the shpielers crown :)




1 comment:

Shelly said...

Dan wont wear costumes at all :( He says it's dumb :(