Wednesday, February 18, 2009

The Perfect Day

I was talking to my Chavrusa from Toronto on Monday for the first time in ages. One of the things we talked about was the job prospect situation. I told him that since moving here everything as just seemed to fall into place. I had trust that the job hunt would be the same. I should have gone on Sunday to file for unemployment benefits. I already knew of 3 people who have found work in the past 2 weeks.

Tuesday, morning I went to Ulpan. It was nice to start getting back into the routine. We are busy preparing for the written exam which takes place next Thursday. I seemed to have had another breakthrough in the last two weeks. I am no longer taking the stutter step when I am trying conjugate words I am most familiar with.

I received a phone call, asking me if I wanted to take the job I had interviewed for in November. At the interview I told them finishing Ulpan was very important to me. It just happened to work out that I start the middle of March. This is the job where I met the guy who runs the office two hours after submitting my resume. He was on city council last time and I did vote for him, even though he lost out be something like 43 votes. He told a friend of mine that he liked me and would try to find me a place in the company.

The company is located in Har Tuv which is just outside of Bet Shemesh. They even have a private bus, since it is not a stop on the regular bus route from the Rama. I know at least 3 people who work there, so I know it is a good place to work. If things go well and we do buy a car it will be a 10 minute commute.

As I was bouncing of the walls I had to return the car that we rented to take my mother-in-law to the airport. We decided to switch companies after they screwed up rentals twice in the same week. The first time they accidentally gave away the car I requested and I had to pay for the upgrade. The second time they only had the car, I explicitly told them I did not like. They eventually switched the car to my favourite car (Nissan Tida) when I threatened to return the car early. The new rental company paid me for returning the car with more fuel then it came with.

Then we had Channah's party which has already been posted. It is amazing that in 6 months I have gone from knowing everything would go wrong to have real hasgacha practise. Yesterday was one of those days that just underscores that we are where we should be.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Jason:

I am so happy. Its truly amazing that after speaking with you on Sunday, that you got a job.

B'hatzlacha!!

Ari Horowitz