Thursday, November 6, 2008

Powerful Tefilah

On Tuesday night we decided to stop at the kotel for Marriv before heading home from the Science Museum. It is kind of neat that each trip can be a different experience because of the mind frame you are in and what is happening around you.

As I walked into the kotel I joined a minyan being organized by two people wearing french fry kippas. Nobody needed to say kaddish. Off in the right hand corner was a group of soldiers singing and dancing to celebrate their enlistment. Half way through davening the call to prayer rang out. The singing on it's own brought my davening up another 10 levels. When Channah was finished with her visit she came and stood with me for the end of davening.

It was the first time in Israel that we had the full blown prayer for rain. The rest of the world will not be changing thier tefilah for another month. At that same moment voters accross the United States were lining up to elect Obama.

The Beis Hamikdash was a place to go in order to get clarity in understanding the world. The Beis Hamikdash is gone. While I may not be able to comprehend all of the meaning from what was happening around me. I did know that at that moment I was exactly where I was supposed to be.

No comments: